- Nigeria was increasingly becoming a digital society, with over 97 million people online and over 53% penetration
- To align with the changing consumer habits, WEMA Bank sought to improve customer experience online
- A first of its kind digital bank was launched to provide end to end banking solution and ease monetary transaction.
The media task.
- Generate awareness and (impactful) visibility for the launch of the first ever Digital Bank in Nigeria, using relevant media channels.
- Generate leads and sign-up to the platform
- Make WEMA bank, the point of reference in Digital Banking in Nigeria
Campaign Execution – The Media Ideas…
- Radio was the lead medium in driving the ALAT launch campaign, as an effective reminder medium, all of the inventories on radio were explored to drive top of the mind awareness.
- High frequency spot placement within top ranking stations, during primetime belts and programs that resonate with target audience.
- 15mins program sponsorship on selected radio stations.
- Hypes, mentions and live interviews with brand reps to increase product knowledge.
- Giveaways on Sponsored time belts to induce engagement and talk ability.
What were the results?
- After a successful launch campaign of ALAT by WEMA as Nigeria’s first digital bank in May 2017, within its first 2 weeks, ALAT attracted over 30,000 new customers and has been growing at a pretty fast pace since then.
- ALAT by WEMA won best digital Bank award from World Finance Magazine.
- ALAT by WEMA won The Best Digital Bank in Africa from Asian Banker Awards in 2018.
- ALAT also recorded 13.6% increase in profit.
- ALAT currently enjoys over 1 billion in bank deposit.