Etisalat presented the following;
- It is the ‘data age’, and youths are the key drivers of this movement.
- Their Target Audience are youthful freedom seekers, always looking for ways to express themselves and unleash their potentials.
- In order to provide a mantra that aptly describes their way of life and constant yearnings, the #breakfree idea was conceived, to encourage them to #breakfree from the norm.
- To raise the bar in a highly competitive youth space and reinforce dominance of the easycliq proposition, #breakfree had to be launched in a disruptive and daring way to attract the youths.
The media task.
- Reach 80% of the TG (through relevant channels that resonate with them) at launch.
- Increase brand affinity and position Easycliq as the best in the (youth) category.
- Reinforce the brand’s youthful position, increase TOMA and position Etisalat as the network of choice.
Campaign Execution – The Media Ideas…
- Key drivers for this campaign were Online, Radio and TV.
- The tease phase of the campaign commenced with a flash mob activation at Ikeja city mall.
- Radio was used to give live updates of the flash mob and also drive conversations with popular OAPs about a 24hour party organized to launch the campaign.
- Online platforms drove engagements & conversations of the flash mob and served as an awareness platform for the 24hour party. The party was also streamed live on social.
- TV was used to build suspense and anticipation on relevant stations that resonate with the TG plus the 24 hour party was streamed live on music channels
What were the results?
- The #Breakfree hashtag trended in less than an hour after the flashmob activation. The hashtag maintained top position on twitter reaching over 3 million people in less than 24 hours and generated more than 34 million tweet impressions
- At the end of the campaign, we recorded 270m+ tweet impressions. 54.9m+ impressions and 381k+ clicks generated from banners ads deployed to create awareness & drive traffic to the Easycliq landing page.
- TV delivered over 100m audience with cumulative GRP of 1,421.